- 01 May 2019
Leadership Dinner – data-rich businesses
On the evening of 30th April, Silverpeak, Spectrum, the retained executive search and HR consulting firm for the technology sector and Wiggin, the technology and media law firm, co-hosted a Data Leadership Dinner.
We brought together 16 senior executives and board members for a ‘Chatham House rule’ discussion on building competitive advantage in data-rich businesses, during a private dinner in Central London.
The key points of debate and discussion were:
• Are all businesses becoming data businesses?
• Can legacy businesses successfully re-engineer and transform, to become data businesses?
• Are businesses sufficiently architected – in order to utilise all the data insight tools available?
• Are companies ready for deep data insight?
• How much value does AI add to data?
• Key differences between businesses that use data to enable their business, and those that sell data (i.e. data is their core business)
• What do customers really value, and how do you use data to deliver that need?
• Reaching nirvana – when customers can’t do business without the data you provide
• Certain data-sets are more valuable in conjunction with other data-sets, i.e. data can be shared profitably and productively via APIs
Silverpeak sponsors the ‘Oscars of the Technology Industry’ hosted by The Information TechnologistsREAD MORE
B2B Software Leadership Dinner: Software leaders call for greater alignment as sector growsREAD MORE