On the evening of 5th July, Spectrum, the technology sector executive search firm, Silverpeak, the mid-market tech-focused corporate finance advisor and Squire Patton Boggs the global law firm, co-hosted a Data Leadership Dinner.
We brought together 15 senior executives for a ‘Chatham House rule’ discussion on data businesses during a private dinner in Central London.
The key points of debate and discussion were:
- What makes a business a data business?
- The origins of businesses that are now data businesses – what problem is being solved
- What is the value of data?
- The role of AI
- The necessity for data to deliver actionable insights
- The 3 layers of data
- The role of the edge to cut out noise
- The residual value of data
- How data businesses are valued, and the challenges associated with valuing data businesses – including data ownership