Silverpeak LLP (“Silverpeak”) is a provider of investment banking and corporate finance services
For the purposes of data protection law, Silverpeak is a data controller in respect of your Personal Data.
Our commitment to privacy
We believe that the responsible use of Personal Data collected is critical to our business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to privacy, we have adopted this Policy.
Sources of personal data we collect
Silverpeak will collect Personal Data about you, subject to applicable law, from a variety of sources as follows:
– When you provide it to us (e.g. sending us emails, signing an agreement, filling forms, contacting us via telephone or visiting or making an enquiry through our website, or by any other means).
– In the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g. in the course of managing your transactions).
– Where you apply for a job with us, we may collect from you and third parties (where relevant) additional Personal Data such as your CV and any references.
– That you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s), to the extent that you choose to make your profile publicly visible).
– From third parties who provide it to us (e.g., your employer; our clients; credit reference agencies; law enforcement authorities; etc.).
– When you visit any of our websites or use any features or resources available on or through a website. When you visit a website, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to a Site and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute Personal Data.
In accordance with financial regulations, Silverpeak may also record the phone calls with clients, potential clients and third parties, both inbound and outbound calls.
Where you provide Personal Data on behalf of another individual, you are responsible for notifying that individual that you have provided their Personal Data to us and directing them to this Policy so they can see how we will process their Personal Data.
The purpose and legal basis of personal data processing
We will process Personal Data in order to:
– provide you with a personalised service;
– provide you with information on market trends and opportunities;
– to engage in marketing and business development activities and understand the effectiveness of our marketing;
– verify your identity (including for fraud prevention purposes), and manage Silverpeak’s relationship with you and/or the client to whom you are connected;
– to perform the contract with you or a client/supplier to whom you are connected;
– improve our services;
– keep our site and systems safe and secure;
– to carry out financial risk assessments, risk mitigation activities and for risk reporting and risk management;
– to comply with Silverpeak’s legal and regulatory obligations. This includes reporting to the relevant authorities, complying with anti-money laundering obligations and tax reporting obligations;
– understand our clients and their business objectives;
– update and enhance client records;
– defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
Legal bases for processing of personal data
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data for the purpose specified in this section is:
We will only process personal data if we have a lawful reason for doing so. The legal basis for processing personal data by us will be one of the following:
– the data subject (you) has given consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes (“consent”);
– the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
– the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations;
– the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests;
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal data for marketing analysis and to provide you with newsletters and information about events and our services by email, letter, telephone or using our website.
You can object to receiving further marketing at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our marketing communications to you.
You may still receive other information directly from Silverpeak staff and employees you are in touch with based on legitimate business interests.
Transfer of data
We may also instruct third party suppliers to perform services such as software support, e-marketing campaigns, hosting our website, etc. on our behalf. In such cases we take the necessary steps to ensure the adequate protection of your Personal Data. Your Personal Data will not be given to other third parties, apart from in limited circumstances such as when we host a joint event with a third party and you register to attend it. In such cases, you will be informed in advance that this is a joint event and if you register to attend it, your contact data will be shared with the other event organizers.
In accordance with the relevant provisions, you have the right to:
– Confirm whether Silverpeak is processing Personal Data that concerns you, and access to the Personal Data Silverpeak holds about you.
– Request the rectification of Personal Data.
– Request the removal of Personal Data in certain circumstances (there may be cases where Silverpeak is legally entitled to retain it such as the defence against potential claims).
– Request the limitation of the processing of your Personal Data (again, there may be cases where Silverpeak is legally entitled to continue processing your Personal Data).
– Object to the processing of your Personal Data, in which case, Silverpeak shall cease to process your Personal Data (except where Silverpeak is legally entitled to continue processing your Personal Data);
– Receive, in a structured, widely-used format that can be mechanically read, the Personal Data that concern you and that you have provided to Silverpeak or request that Silverpeak transfers them directly to another controller when technically possible.
– Withdraw the consent granted, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for Silverpeak to continue processing your Personal Data where Silverpeak has another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
– Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by Silverpeak.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Silverpeak using the details set out in the “Our Contact Information” section below. Your request will be analyzed and answered within one (1) month from receipt by us.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the relevant data protection authority. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal data.
The Personal Data provided will be kept for the period determined by various criteria including: (i) legal obligation of conservation; (ii) term of the contractual relationship and service of any responsibilities derived from said relationship; and (iii) If and when applicable request of removal by the interested party.
Keeping your Personal Data secure is of utmost importance to us. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures according to industry standards to keep your information secure and protect it from unauthorized use or damage, both online and offline. For security reasons we cannot disclose these measures in detail.
For any doubts or queries about your personal data you may contact us by sending a letter to Silverpeak, 6th Floor, Manfield House, 1 Southampton Street, London WC2R 0LR.