Welcome to the latest edition of the Silverpeak B&C Rounds report: A review of Series B&C investment rounds into European technology companies. The dataset covers total capital invested, average deal sizes, frequent investors, investments by country, among other statistics. The aim of this report is to provide readers with a good understanding of the fundraising environment for technology companies in Europe.
- Series B&C investment in European tech companies rockets with total capital invested in 2021 increasing 2.5x to €25.3bn
- European mega-rounds (€100m+) are becoming very common. Of the 2021 total of 58, this was 42 Series C and 16 Series B rounds
- Median deal sizes have nearly doubled YoY: C rounds grew 89% to €78.4m and B rounds grew 68% to €29.9m
- UK companies continue to attract the biggest share of investment into European B&C rounds – 32% by value and 35% by count
- Food & Delivery Tech and Fintech captured the largest investments in 2021, with 3 Series C and 2 Series B rounds, totalling €3.1bn
Paddy MccGwire, Managing Partner, commented that “2021 has been a watershed year with a step change in the value of Series B&C Technology sector investment. The pace and scale of private investment continues into 2022 despite the reduction in Technology stock indices on public markets. ”