Welcome to the latest edition of the Silverpeak B&C Rounds report: A review of Series B&C investment rounds into European technology companies. The dataset covers total capital invested, average deal sizes, frequent investors, investments by country, among other statistics. The aim of this report is to provide readers with a good understanding of the fundraising environment for technology companies in Europe.
- Series B & C investment in European tech companies sky-rockets with total capital invested in H1 2021 increasing 115% on H2 2020, Q3 2021 increasing 170% to €7.2bn, compared to Q3 2020
- Proportion of larger rounds continue to rise: the proportion of B rounds exceeding €20m increased to 65% and C rounds exceeding €50m increased to 62%
- The median value of C rounds has increased significantly to €82m, double H1 2020, due to a series of mega-rounds
- UK companies continue to receive the largest share of European investment – 29% by value and 31% by number
- The largest C round investment in 2021 YTD was €810m, approximately 3x larger than the biggest C round in 2020
- Europe continues to generate outstanding tech companies, attracting 39 mega-rounds in excess of €100m to Q1 – Q3 2021
Paddy MccGwire, Managing Partner, commented that “The extraordinary step change in investment by number and value in 2021 is set to continue as fund ’dry powder’ is accompanied by a proliferation of new and existing players announcing fresh funds”